Sunday, January 15, 2012

Two Weeks!

Well here we are, two weeks later, and I'm smiling...that's a good sign :-)  They say the first week of a diet is hard, but it's going pretty good. Going from eating whatever you want to eating nothing that contains sugar or flour is quite the change! I think as I progress and find more recipes it will get easier.
I have lost 6lbs so far! YIPPEE!!!
I have yet to start counting calories or exercising. I will slowly add those things in. Just trying to just get my foods squared away first.

My hubby is doing this with me, that's something we agreed on before I started. I cleaned out my cabinets and fridge of everything I couldn't have. I told him if we went out to eat he could order whatever he wanted,  but please don't bring anything home! He knew when I made dinner it would be this no flour, no sugar thing. Thank God I dont have a picky husband so that part has been no problem.  We definitely have had some laughs though because he has cheated most of the two weeks and he already looks like he has lost weight, haha! Tell me how that's fair! How in the world do guys do that?!?



I have kept that saying in my mind, "God will not put on us more than we can bear."
Crazy that I have always thought this was a scripture, but it's not. There are other ones that describe why we say this though.

Romans 8:38-39

 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Corinthians 10:13

 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

I know that after living for God and having the Holy Ghost for fifteen years, I have seen a lot of stuff. I can't explain the things we go through. I have seen people who are faithful to church and give God their all, go through trials. We will never understand why God puts us through certain things. Might be that one day it will be our testimony or we may need to help someone else go through it. It could be that God needs to work over some things in us.  All I know is that I have seen people go through things and have seen them come through even stronger than before! God KNOWS what He is doing! It's not a matter of if, it's when and how! If God decides to heal my body, awesome! If I need medical help, I'm up for it. If adoption is the case, he will help us. Some day I will be a mom, and until then I'm a mother's "helper" to 15 teenagers, haha!

So I'll just keep trusting in Him....I know God has it all in control!!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go jess . I think I will try this myself just to be more healthy . I need it for sure .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you get in the groove its easier Jen! We can exchange recipes =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing young lady....I am so consumed with admiration of your dedication and faith...all I know is that your parents must thank the Lord everyday for you.....He will bless you..God does know exactly what He is doing...We do go through things....To help others, when we are through it....someone else will be beginning that same journey and we will help them through it....You are so amazing....I really hope you know how special you are and how blessed this yucky world is to have you in it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very kind words Christina! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete