Friday, January 27, 2012

Stormy Weather & Home Upgrades

Happy Friday :)

Hopefully everyone is well and with power after that crazy storm! We had heard on the news it was coming, and boy did it ever! Dan and I thought, "Perfect, we will get some house projects done while we are snowed in." So Dan went to Home Depot and Lowes and got the materials to crown mold our kitchen.
I'm sure everyone is in the same boat as us and has used that saying a time or two; "If only I had the money I could do all of this." Yes, I'm learning it's one project at a time!
Anyways, he brought the supplies home and I got groceries. Nope, neither one of us thought about 'Power Outages'. I just thought with a snow storm we'd be stuck in our cozy home, with the fire going and electricity! I wasn't quite expecting an ice storm! But the power went bye-bye and we went to stay with my parents where it was warm.

Front of our home...first snow!
 Backyard
Dan & Ted snoozing

Ice!!

 
We had a wonderful time as a family, staying together for three days! I can truly say God has blessed me with a wonderful family! They are my best friends.We had lots of laughs, we relaxed and made great memories!

Gaming
Mark & Dan playing Xbox
Outside of my parents house

 
We had given our neighbor our number so he could call us when the power was back on. Finally, on Saturday, around noon, he called and we were able to go home and finish our project. I love how it turned out! It adds so much character to my kitchen!


The start...


Halfway there...


Complete!!



Also, when we went to Home Depot to get some more supplies I told Dan I wanted to change out our cabinet knobs in the kitchen ( they were silver and didn't match anything in my kitchen). I saw some basic black ones for $2.99 and added up how many I would need, it was like $75. I quickly changed my mind! I thought, hey I could spray paint these! So I went and grabbed two cans of .97 cents black spray paint and went to town. This is how they turned out!


 
                                          Before                                                         After

I'm about done with my ramblings so I'll end this write. I need to be packing. My hubby is taking me for a little getaway to La Conner this weekend. I can't wait! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! If you are a Washingtonian you are probably enjoying the sunshine today as much as I am.

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time in La Conner!! My grandma lives there :) Your kitchen looks wonderful!!! I totally heart crown moulding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! I didnt know that. Where abouts? Downtown? There were so many shops I know you would LOVE!

    ReplyDelete